Serve | Helping Others
Volunteering isn’t just about serving others. When you volunteer, you will find that serving others is one of the best ways to grow in your relationship with God. We encourage you to find your place – the area of your gifting or the thing that gets you excited to serve – then, get involved and make a difference!
The list of volunteer opportunities listed on the following pages is by no means exhaustive. At New Hope we are not just about operating programs. All of these ministries have come about because God placed a burden or passion in someone’s heart to meet a need. New ministries will rise up as people are led by God’s Spirit see a need and do something significant.
Below are particular areas of need during the Spring quarter:
New Hope’s Kids Ministries play such a crucial role in the lives and spiritual development of your kids. As such, they take many hands to run smoothly. We are always in need of volunteers who would love to work with kids in the followings areas:
- Vacation Bible School (June 23 – 26)
- Sunday and Wednesday services in NH Kids and NH Tots (especially in the summer)
- Nursery care on Sundays and Wednesdays
If you would like to volunteer in any of these areas, please contact the appropriate ministry leader:
- NH Kids: Pastor Cortney Ostrander | firstname.lastname@example.org
- NH Tots: Pastor Anna Flanders | email@example.com
Every summer, we plant and cultivate a garden from which we harvest fresh veggies to donate to the Urbandale Food Pantry. Volunteer needs include:
- Help on Planting Day
- Pulling weeds weekly or semiweekly
- Harvesting veggies
- Delivery to Food Pantry
No experience necessary! However, the work is physically demanding and includes bending the knees and kneeling. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
We take pride in the appearance of our grounds, but they don’t take care of themselves! Volunteers put in hard work and care to maintain the lawn all season long. Volunteer needs include:
- Hedge trimming three times a year
- Trimming bushes every two weeks where needed
- Watering flowers mid-summer every 2 – 3 days
- “Spring cleaning” at the end of April
- Adopt-an-area: a volunteer is responsible for a certain area of the grounds or building
Please email email@example.com if you are interested!
Youth Adult Volunteers
Many hands make light work! Every Wednesday, we need adult chaperones and helpers at our 6:30 p.m. youth services. These volunteers are not necessarily small group leaders, and may help out in one of these areas:
- Concessions stand
- Merch table
- Running game areas outside and in the gym
- Staffing the visitor area
If you’re interested in being a youth adult volunteer, please contact Pastor Luke Spangrud at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you believe all cleaning at New Hope is done by volunteers? We’ve been blessed to have a dedicated team of volunteers making sure our Main Building and Student Campus look their best from week to week. If you’d like to participate in this ministry, please contact email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.